God in us is examining the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of believers.
Main Text: Galatians 5:22-25
Watchword: The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. (Isaiah 11:2) NKJV
The heart and core of Christianity is the fact that we must diligently seek to become like Jesus Christ which is to have His life formed in us. When we walk in the Spirit we are united with God and we are bearers of the fruit the Spirit produces.
- Love—we live in love for God and our fellow man. (1 John 4:12-13).
- Joy—we exhibit gladness in what God has done, is doing and will do. (Romans 15:13).
- Peace—we live worry-free and refuse anxiety (Philippians 4:6).
- Patience—we are known for having a “long fuse” and do not lose our temper. (Ephesians 4:1-2).
- Kindness—we show tender concern for the needs of others. (Romans 2:4).
- Goodness—our actions reflect holiness and virtue. (2 Thessalonians 1:11)
- Faithfulness—we are steadfast in our trust in God and His Word. (2 Thessalonians 1:4)
- Gentleness—our lives are characterized by grace, humility and thankfulness to God. (Matthew 11:29)
- Self-control—we display moderation, constraint, and the ability to say “no” to the flesh. (Galatians 5:16).
When we walk in the Spirit, we rely on the Holy Spirit to guide our thoughts, words, and deeds (Romans 6:11–14). We show daily, moment-by-moment holiness, just as Jesus did when, “full of the Holy Spirit, [He] left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness” to be tempted (Luke 4:1). The fruit of the Spirit is what God desires our lives to exhibit and, with the Holy Spirit’s help, it is possible.
Confession: Heavenly Father, thank You that by grace through faith I am Your child. Help me to remain in fellowship with You day by day as I reflect on the Lord Jesus in my life.
Prayer: Help me Lord, to grow more in the knowledge of Jesus, so that the graces that were seen throughout His life will develop in me.
Additional reading: Colossians 3:12-17, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, Romans 14:17
Let us pray with you, drop your request here